The following information is to assist you, as the parent/guardian, with providing health information required for your child to your school. If you have any questions please feel free to contact your school.
Please inform the school:
If your child is out sick with a diagnosed communicable illness, such as meningitis, measles, salmonella, etc.
Please keep your child home:
If your child has flu-like symptoms such as, fever greater than 100.5, sore throat, cough, chills, body aches etc. Also keep your child home for rashes, yellow eye drainage, or greenish-yellow phlegm from a cough or cold, diarrhea, etc.
If your student has any health conditions such as:
- Allergic reactions (food, insect bites, etc.)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Any other health condition
To care for your student safely at school the following information is needed:
- Updates & changes in health condition as they occur
- Medications and treatments needed – must be documented on an Authorization for Medication/Treatment form
- Emergency contacts (names and phone numbers)
If your child needs to take medication at school or on a field trip, we need an Authorization for Medication/Treatment form completed and signed by you and your physician. This includes over the counter medication.
If your child has Diabetes:
- A Diabetic Medication/Treatment Authorization form needs to be completed by your healthcare provider. There is also a separate Insulin Pump Medication/Treatment Authorization form that needs to be completed by your healthcare provider for students who receive insulin via an insulin pump
- Parent must transport and deliver ALL medications to school staff in the original labeled container.
- Plan ahead for field trips if your child needs medication on an overnight trip that he/she may not normally take at school.
- Make sure the required immunizations are up to date. If you are not sure, you can check with your healthcare provider or the Department of Health-Broward.
School Health Centers and Health Department locations for immunizations
- See attached list
- If you have no insurance, request an application for Florida Kid-Care
Routine screenings, such as vision, scoliosis, hearing, BMI are done according to state laws for certain grades
- Please follow up with your healthcare provider if you get a letter indicating your child did not pass a screening. If you do not wish for your child to participate in any of these screenings you need to inform the school in writing by completing the School Board of Broward County Health Screening Opt Out form.