Health Room Requirements
- Each school shall have a designated area to be used solely as a heath room that meets state requirements
- Bathroom facilities should be in close proximity to the health room.
- Hand washing facilities should be readily available, with adequate supply of hand soap in dispenser and paper towels or hand dryer.
- 9-1-1 Posters and Emergency Information Posters should be posted with current information. Posters are available on the Safety web page. www.broward.k12.fl.us/safetydept/911_posters.htm
- There is an accessible telephone in the area.
SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT
The following supplies should be available in the health room:
- First Aid supplies according to recommended list from Coordinated Student Health Services
- Health Services Manual
- Standard Operating Procedures Manual for School Health
- Medication Administration Log Book
- Daily Clinic Log
- Student Clinic Passes (Binder of File Cabinet)
HEALTH ROOM STAFF
- Each school must have a minimum of two individuals, in addition to school nurse, with current certification in First Aid and CPR/AED.
- Volunteers or other school personnel may staff the health room under the supervision of the principal/principal’s designee. Volunteers should not administer CPR/AED or First Aid unless they have a current certificate in either one of these areas. VOLUNTEERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ADMINISTER MEDICATIONS.