Health Room Volunteer Qualifications
Health Room Volunteers are recruited from a variety of community voluntary groups; recommendations by parent groups, educators, school nurses, and social workers. When properly trained and supervised, the Health Room Volunteers make a major contribution to the delivery of school health services.
Qualifications for the Health Room Volunteers include the following:
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certificate are strongly recommended.
- Good health and good personal hygiene habits.
- Positive self-esteem; able to set a good example.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work with any student and to show non-judgmental compassion for all.
- Willingness to participate in health-related training workshops
- Good communication, clerical and filing skills.